When you are in a General Practice placement, you can claim some of your travel expenses. People always worry about what they can claim, so here is a few notes on when to claim.
- You can only claim travel costs on a day that you have completed a home visit during your working day
- You can claim a maximum of 10 miles each way of your journey from home to your “base” (your surgery)
- You need to make a note of all journeys on the reverse of the form. Use one line for one day’s worth of journeys
- e.g. Home to base. 2 visits. Base to home
- You can make historic claims, but only up to 3 months previous.
- When you have completed your claim form, please email it to Richard Giles at Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Trust